Memories of the Valley: FestivALL Oral Histories is a selection of personal stories captured during FestivALL 2015, 2016 and FestivALL Fall 2016. Eric Douglas recorded dozens of oral histories from Charleston and Kanawha Valley residents.
FestivALL is city-wide and multi-arts and serves its mission through its 12-day June FestivALL, an October weekend FestivALL Fall and other programming throughout the year.
Participants were able to talk about anything they wanted, but many of the memories included stories of Charleston and the Kanawha Valley which are the focus of the Memories of the Valley presentation. Participants received copies of their own stories to share with their family.
Sponsors for this project include:
- FestivALL: A City Becomes a Work of Art
- WV Division of Culture and History Archives and History Library
- Charlie Morgan @ The Squire Tobacconist
- Shawn Romano of Romano and Associates
- Mining Your History Foundation
- WVSU Economic Development Center