From time to time, Eric posts short stories to his blog and makes them available for free. Check back to this space from time to time to see what is available. If you like what you read, check out his other books and short stories.
An earlier version of this story was published as the prologue of the Mike Scott novella Oil and Water: Crash in Curacao. This version has been somewhat updated. It starts with Mike Scott at a circus school and gets to the action quickly.
Poached: Fighting for Sea Turtles!
When international photojournalist Mike Scott stumbles across a man stealing sea turtle eggs for the illegal wildlife trade, he jumps into action to protect the endangered animals, unraveling a network of smugglers.
Eric joined forces with Scuba Diving Magazine to present a free short story as a serial on their website. This short story includes tips to help you protect sea turtles, too.
Here are two diving-themed flash fiction pieces. They were written for another project, but not used so now they are FREE!
There are a couple Halloween stories, a couple flash fiction submissions to the Advent Ghosts project and a couple stories about Christmas.
- Catch a flight
- The Cicadas Droned On: A short story for Memorial Day
- Flash Fiction Friday: Demonstration
- Decisions on a Small Plane
- River Town Flash Fiction: Blue Moon
- Halloween 2020 — as if reality wasn’t scary enough
- 2018 Halloween Short Story Collection
- 2017 Halloween Short Story Collection
- 2016 Halloween Flash Fiction Collection
- 2015 Halloween Flash Fiction Collection
- Halloween Collection 2014
- Halloween Collection 2013
Christmas and Advent
- Roasting over an open fire and Costume?
- Birth of a god and Data Breach
- I saw mommy kissing… and What if?
- A glass of wine and Parasite
- The End of Darkness and Naughty List
- A little bit of Grandma
Other Christmas stories
Great American Eclipse
Eric and several of his friends wrote short stories for the 2017 eclipse. You can read them at Going Dark.